09 Dec 2008 21:53
TAGS: dev lucene search wikicomplete wikidot
I must say it's gonna absolutely rock!
First of all it'll give much more relevant results than before:
- title and tags are much important than pure page content for the indexer
- only 1-3 minutes delay of indexing/searching after an edit (compare to Google's a few days)
- searches for given phrase in all public sites plus all the sites you are member of (including private)!
- results from wikis you are member of appear generally higher in the result list, because the indexer gives them more relevance factor than to similar results from other sites.
- really fast (typically search is done in just 2 seconds or even less if the result is cached)
- thumbnails of sites (feature to come)
- short activity of site information (feature to come)
- supply the sites to search through in the query with special keyword: site:X,Y,Z — searches for given phrase in three sites: X, Y, Z
- supply the sites to search through as the param to SearchSites module (feature and module to come yet)
Are you convinced yet?